Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sunshine in Bothell!



I love a sunny day in the Pacific Northwest!

After all the grey, dark, dreary, damp days we are rewarded for our perseverance with glorious sunshine!! One draw back to all this rain is a really healthy lawn, I mean reeaaaallly healthy. I plan to mow my overgrown little jungle/lawn today but am procrastinating until everyone in the hood is awake.

Later after I shuttle Emma off to a birthday party, Joe, Avery and I are headed out to go buy a new BBQ! Nothing says spring like the smell of freshly mowed grass and BBQ! I am hoping to drag it home today, wish me luck in finding what I want. :)

On to the next question of the day: what will I grill for dinner? I would love recommendations for fantastic grill christening recipes!

Right now I am enjoying a quiet morning with coffee and my girls doing crafts (makit & bakit!) Anyone remember these fun little stained glass things from the 80's? I found them at Michael's for the girls and now they are crafting fools!

Somewhere in here I will squeeze over 100 pages of homework reading, and 4 pages of critical review writing....

Cheers, Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great writing Salina, this post made me more homesick than ever :) I've been making a lot of pork tenderloin on the grill lately, it's lean, tender and so versatile. I recently cubed it, marinated it in juice from 8 limes, cilantro, cumin, red onion, seeded jalapeno, salt, pepper, and 4 garlic cloves for an hour. Skewered it and grilled until done, then topped it with a grilled pineapple salsa.

    ReplyDelete